On Sunday, occasionally – No. 1

July2013

Welcome to my newest feature. In my virtual peregrinations I find articles that are informative, entertaining and just downright beautiful. Some are by professional food writers, others by amateurs. I’ve decided to post my favorites here on my site. This way you can see what I see. Most of what I post here will be in English, and I’ll focus on things Italian, but there are no limits. Not yet anyhow. If I see something special, I’ll post it here. For now my list will go up on the occasional Sunday – no promises yet on a regular schedule.

Many thanks to Kathy Ayer, whose Italy on a Plate-Weekly Roundup inspired this project, and to Judy Witts Francini for telling me to get going. Thanks also to Nancie McDermott, who wrote to me “You are the clipping service that never sleeps.”

Here are nine that caught my eye. Click on the descriptions to see what I discovered!

JudyWittsFrancini-300x301

Shakerato – Italy’s classic coffee drink with Judy Witts Francini

SilviaCucina-300x201

Gnudi with Fresh Tomato Sugo – ricotta dumplings with fresh tomato sauce from Silvia’s Cucina

EricaDeMane-300x217

Aperol Martini – a woman and her Aperol with Erica DeMane

Photo by Karen Tedesco

Pressed Roasted Vegetable Sandwich – an Italian inspired sandwich from Family Style Food

RosettaCostantino-300x195

Tenerumi – quintessential Sicilian greens with Rosetta Costantino

JuliaDellaCroce-300x299

Pummarola – Julia della Croce on the classic Neapolitan tomato sauce

CiaoChowLinda-300x200

Agretti – Italian greens with a short season short season with Ciao Chow Linda

DomenicaCooks-300x226

Salsa Verde – Domenica Marchetti dishes on the classic Italian sauce

AmericanFoodRoots-300x240

Artisanal Pasta Tools – a look at my friend, artisan woodworker Terry Mirri of Napa, California by Michelle DiBenedetto Capobianco on American Food Roots

I have no affiliation with any product, manufacturer, or site mentioned in this article.

40 Comments

1. Comment by susan:

So glad I was directed to your blog today from Once In A Lifetime Travel blog – look forward to reading and learning more! Take care – Susan

2. Comment by Marie Raper:

Great diversity of delicious looking Italian drink/food. My mouth is watering, which must mean you succeeded with your new feature!

3. Comment by Cathy at Wives with Knives:

Great post. I want to learn more about Italian food and you’ve given me some excellent information. I would like to start with a glass of shakerato…looks delicious. Thanks for the links.

• Comment by Adri:

Hi Cathy,

I’m glad you have enjoyed this feature. Yes, this is the place for Italian food. Be sure to check out my Sites I Like list for even more cool spots, and enjoy a Shakerato while you cruise the net. Alla prossima!

4. Comment by Trix:

What a cool feature/idea. I love it when people get excited about sharing knowledge and discoveries as you do. It’s very inspirational, and all too rare!!

• Comment by Adri:

Thanks O Bard of the Bloggers,

I have always been an info freak, with files on every subject you can name. I love sharing info and turning people on to new things, especially new things with an Italian accent. I am SO glad you like this feature, Tracey!

5. Comment by Trevor:

What a great selection! I really enjoyed these!

6. Comment by Lesley Jones:

Hi Adri,

Complimenti on your blog which I’ve been following for a while now, and I love Occasional Sunday, lots of delicious ideas to choose from.
    I’ve recently started a blog of my own about life in Italy called Est Est Est and, of course, food is a huge part of living here. I would like to link to your blog from mine, and of course, I’d be delighted if you could link back :-)

A presto,

Lesley

BLOG http://estestestlesley.wordpress.com

• Comment by Adri:

Hi Lesley,

What a pleasure to hear from you. I am so glad you like this feature. It is quite a hit! Many thank also for cueing me in to your site. For me, a big part of the joy in this pursuit is meeting new bloggers. I hope you return often, and keep writing your blog!

7. Comment by TheKitchenLioness:

Adri, this is certainly a wonderful idea to be sharing so many wonderful recipes , posts and pictures – what a true delight to get to know all these talented people through their various posts and creations! I will enjoy this – may I call this – “series” – of yours quite a bit! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful links – I will start my visits now and enjoy each and every one, I am sure!
    Have a wonderful week, Adri!

• Comment by Adri:

Hi Andrea,

When I decided to go ahead with this, I was not certain how it would be received. I am SO glad you like this, and thank you so much for taking the time to let me know. Alla prossima!

8. Comment by Marie:

What an excellent new feature Adri and it suits you perfectly. I so appreciate all the sharing you do, I’ve learned new things, visited interesting blogs that were new to me because of you. Looking forward to these posts!

• Comment by Adri:

Thanks, Marie,

I am so pleased to hear from you, and I am glad you like this new feature. I guess I have earned Nancie’s title “The Clipping Service that Never Sleeps.” Alla prossima!

9. Comment by Edith Pilaff:

Thank you,i have a feeling that I am going to enjoy immensely your new feature!

10. Comment by Majella Home Cooking:

Thank you for including my article on this list of wonderful recipes and talented writers! Saluti d’Abruzzo e grazie mille! Un abbraccio, Michelle

11. Comment by sippitysup:

Such a beautiful representation of your exquisite taste of all things blog. GREG

12. Comment by Lynn Rodolico:

Well done, Adri! Nicely organized, which leaves more time for cooking up your suggestions.

13. Comment by bellini:

An excellent insight into all things Italian.

14. Comment by Antonette:

Buona idea Adri!!! I usually “scan” the different food blogs since I love to “enhance” my already love for cooking my regional foods and other regional italian recipes!!! Looking forward to your “on sunday” information!! Ciao..:)

15. Comment by Ciao Chow Linda:

Thanks for clueing me in to some of these blogs that are new to me. You are a great resource and I so appreciate being including among these folks. I am off to explore now.

• Comment by Adri:

Hi Linda,

I hope you enjoy poking around. There are so many talented people out there. Sharing information gives me no end of pleasure; just call me, as my friends do, “Librarian to the world.”

16. Comment by Beth Beeman:

I love this!!!! Adri in a box. Just what we all need:). Can’t wait to read your picks.

17. Comment by Chiara:

che balla idea riunire tante ricette e tanti blog insieme ! Brava Adri ! Buona settimana cara…. un abbraccio forte !

18. Comment by Laney:

What a nice idea! and a great way to see things I’ve missed and to read some new people…always fun to do!

19. Comment by domenicacooks:

Thanks for the shout-out my friend. Lots of great stuff and some of it new to me as well. Looking forward to clicking and learning. xo

20. Comment by Frank:

Excellent selection! And a few bloggers are new to me. Will have to check them out!