On Sunday, occasionally – No. 2

August2013_1309

It’s occasional Sunday again. Put down the paper, log on to the internet and check out some of the great articles I’ve found this week. There’s plenty to keep you busy today. Enjoy! And if there is an Italian flavored site you’d like to tell me about, please do so. I am always on the lookout for new writers.

GarethJohnes_IMG_1459-Copy-225x300_1305

Gareth Jones – Worth his salt

RavioliCapri_IMG_6437_1307

The classic ravioli of the isle of Capri – Aglio Olio e Peperoncino

ItalyOnMyMind_scallops-1_1306

Beautiful Baked Scallops – Italy on My Mind

AlexandrasKitchen_9410996502_0d904d46b1_o_1303

A woman, a pizza and a baking steel – Alexandra’s Kitchen

TaralliDolci_nanas-cookies_1308

Taralli dolci – Memorie di Angelina

DinnerInVenice_IMG_0082-001_1304

Ciambellini from guest blogger Ally – Dinner in Venice

I have no affiliation with any product, manufacturer, or site mentioned in this article.

Note: You can click on any picture for a slide show!

24 Comments

1. Comment by sippitysup:

It’s almost Sunday again and I am just getting to take a peek at your Sunday gems. I’ve been traveling (much of it camp side with no internet) so I’ll add these links to my catchup pile. GREG

2. Comment by LA_Foodie:

I love when you introduce me to new sites…. thanks…

3. Comment by speedy70:

grazie Adri, vado subito a vedere… baci!

4. Comment by Laney:

So much to read, cook and eat…so little time…..thanks for a great recap and some new ones to visit!

5. Comment by amy @ fearless homemaker:

Ooh, I’m intrigued by the baked scallops. I absolutely LOVE scallops but always prepare them the same way – seared in a bit of butter + olive oil. I’d love to try making them another way, so I’m going to read about this oven-baking method!

6. Comment by Paola:

Thanks so much Adri for sharing my blog page, I feel quite privileged and I have received quite a few referrals. Grazie x

7. Comment by Ciao Chow Linda:

There are so many interesting, well written and well photographed blogs out there and it’s hard to keep track of so many. Thanks for bringing these to our attention. I’m off to explore some of the ones that are new to me right now.

• Comment by Adri:

Hi Linda,

No kidding about the tremendous volume of great work out there; the inspiration is boundless. The only problem I encounter is deciding when to stop. Thank goodness Sunday comes around every week!

8. Comment by TheKitchenLioness:

Adri, as usual, your suggestions are just wonderful – so many new things to look at, recipes to marvel at and pictures to enjoy!
    Have a lovely Sunday – your links will keep me busy for a while…
    Grazie, Andrea

• Comment by Adri:

Hi Andrea,

Thanks. I am pleased to hear you like this. The problem I encounter is stopping. There is an extraordinary amount of really fine work out there, in all fields of the culinary endeavor, and particularly in all things Italian. I had planned this feature as an “occasional” thing, but with all I wanted to put in today, my husband started talking about “next week”…

9. Comment by Chiara:

quanti blog interessanti Adri, vado a leggere ! Buona settimana, un abbraccio !

10. Comment by Karen (Back Road Journal):

Thanks for the wonderful suggests.

11. Comment by laura:

P.S. Three Italian websites I enjoy are Il Pasto Nudo, Sorelle in Pentola and Il Cuore in Pentola

12. Comment by laura:

Ciao, Adri. I found you through Judy la Divina and have enjoyed reading your posts very much. May I suggest Rachel Eats. She writes beautifully and has consistently great photos and great recipes.
    Thank you for adding to my reading pleasure.

• Comment by Adri:

Benvenuta, Laura!

Oh my, but what wonderful sites, one and all. They’ll be making appearances in my “Sunday Matinee soon, I’m, certain. Thank you so much for visiting and for the recommendations. Judy sure does make things happen. I am so glad she told you about me. Do you have a site??? I hope so…